Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My First Marathon

I ran my first marathon on Sunday in Oklahoma City.  I've been strictly following a training schedule since the beginning of January and I was a little nervous about how it would go. Despite very WINDY and warm conditions, I finished it in much less time than I thought I would.  It was a great experience--the course was neat with lots of people cheering.  Now that it's over, I feel like I've lost my job or something because I don't have a big chunk of time taken up with runs. I thought I'd be so relieved to be done, but it's such a good feeling to be in great shape and I have to wonder if I'd be faster next time . . . we'll see!
Finish line!
I'm the third one back.
Notice I am passing a guy!
The kids thought my medal was cool.  
Think Adam would run one with me??  Ha.

4 comments:

Sharla said...

That's so awesome, way to go!

Marsha said...

That's awesome! We almost went down for that marathon. We had some friends that ran the 1/2, and their kids did the kids "marathon." I'm hoping to go next year! Good luck getting Adam in shape to participate!!!

Jen S. said...

Congrats again! It's an amazing accomplishemnt.

Michelle said...

You are my Idol !! I know you could probably WIN if you tried, your one of the best runners I've ever seen. Keep at it, I want to see you run the Boston !!