Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Artist

Since he's been in school (real school, at least), Owen has loved to draw, color, and write stuff down. He can spend hours recreating things I print off the Internet for him--typically this is NFL or college logos.
This fall he was excited to win the KSU Homecoming Coloring Contest for his class. He even received a T-shirt--which he proceeded to come home and draw the logo on the front.
And on Sunday he asked me to write down the 50 states so he could rewrite them on his own. He settled for a list from the Internet, and an hour later we had this. Probably not what his teacher was expecting him to make for her :)

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Brady loves to copy things down too. He drew a picture of our snowglobe and we were trying to think of something for him to take this week for share day so he took his snow globe picture and the snow globe that "inspired it". Yeah, the snow globe was broken by the time I got home. Probably not the best idea. :)

Owen's picture is awesome! You always won our Christmas drawing contests - I still hate you for it. Ha!

Braxmeyers said...

I knew you were jealous of my "outlining the border dark and coloring the inside light" strategy :)

Sorry to hear about the snow globe--you must learn to send junky McDonald's toys to school and hope they never make it home.