Adam has been wanting to try a recipe for beef tenderloin in my Pioneer Woman cookbook--he thought it sounded interesting because: A) it is meat, and B) you cook it in an iron skillet. Anyway, I went into HyVee and asked for a beef tenderloin and this is what I got--$68.12 worth of meat!!! I figured I was wrong and bought something crazy expensive, but when I got home and reread her intro she mentioned that this was a pricey cut of meat and this meal was best suited for a special occasion. The last Saturday of Christmas Break is special, right?
This picture is just gross, but it helps with the before and after :)
The finished product! This is actually just half of it; we froze the other half in case we messed this up. At least then we could grill the other part. It turned out just as well as PW's. Next time we'll have you over!
5 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed! Ouch on the price though :)
Way to go Adam! Assuming you found a meat thermometer. So I've tried 4 recipes out of the cookbook this week and I am loving it. I bought kosher salt for the first time, but am still needing an iron skillet, did you have one of those or can you buy them?
yummy, now I see why you didn't come over for leftovers :)
mmmm!! my mom is obsessed with pw and all we eat is her recipes. My mom has a wonderful pork tenderloin recipe that i doubt is as pricey if you're interested :D
Keely--we took a new one from Adam's parents house. We "seasoned" it as they say (put oil all over it and bake it) but either didn't bake the skillet long enough or put too much oil because it created so much smoke when we used it that we switched to a regular skillet.
Post a Comment