Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bum Knee

Rewind to December 1994... knee scope to repair damage caused by a collision in a basketball game. The scope was a waste because I actually had a complete ACL tear (this injury was popular back in the day, or maybe that was just Lebo people) and had another surgery a few weeks later.  Basketball season?  Over in the second game of the season.  Fast forward to December 2011... same knee, same surgery, this time (fortunately) the scope was successful.  Apparently I had torn both the lateral and medial meniscus (I've included a nice picture for you to reference if you aren't familiar with the knee lingo).  How?  Not sure.  Too many years and miles of running?  
A week later and things are going well.  My follow up isn't until December 29th.  I'm sure he'll recommend that I find other ways to exercise, hopefully he doesn't pass that info. along to my physical therapist :)  In the meantime, I booked my flight for the Nashville Marathon in late April.  Who else is in??
PS:  Keely was my pre-op nurse at the Surgical Center--fabulous patient care, she should get a raise!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Glad you are on the mend!

Unknown said...

Dedra + Valium= pure Entertainment! ?Thanks for letting me take care of you, you will have to find me across the street for baby #4 next time. Super excited about Nashville 1/2, not a 26er like you crazy girl.