We spent the second part of our trip in a little village called Hana. To get there you take a winding, narrow road with tons of one lane bridges--along with places to pull over and look around/hike. It took us four hours to drive maybe 40 miles (including our stops). I was amazed at all of the different varieties of trees. Of course, you get used to the plush flowering plants, but I wasn't expecting some of these others....
Huge (bonsai?) tree we encountered on one of our hikes in Hana. The kids would have been in tree-climbing heaven.
As expected, there were plenty of palm trees. This view is from one of the hammocks at the resort in Hana. FYI--we were informed that more people die each year from falling coconuts than shark bites.
This was taken on one of my morning runs on the main drag through Hana. Minus the palm trees, I think it looks more "North Carolina" than "Hawaii."
Bananas growing in huge clusters all over. I hate fruit, but it fascinates me to see it growing. Each day the hotel had a new bunch hanging in the lobby. There was also passionfruit everywhere. All of the restaurants included passionfruit, guava, and papaya as their fruit side dishes. Too bad I'm not into fruit, I could have lived off of the land :)




2 comments:
When I went when I was younger, I ate so much pineapple my tongue turned white from the acid :)
Great pictures! I still can't believe you don't like fruit!
Post a Comment