...no, not in this house. My friend Lori just had Baby #4. She asked me to help her decorate the nursery, hence the trip to Omaha over Christmas break. While the kids played we trekked around town for thrift store finds, fabric, etc. and then holed up in the baby's room and got to work. I love to do home projects, but this was especially fun since it was for a baby GIRL! Here's what we came up with in two days' time, without spending tons of money. We tried to go for something a little vintage, not too matchy, not too babyish, fun colors. I couldn't share until now since Baby Stella's name was a secret.
Ruffles are popular...bedskirt is from Pottery Barn. Polka dot sheets (everyone needs some polka dots) are from Land of Nod (matching changing cover).
We found this little half bird cage on clearance at Hob Lob--it had an ugly bird and quote on the frame which we pulled off and covered with burlap instead. $6!
I'm a sucker for chalkboards and bunting! We painted the board onto the wall and made our own frame (complete with distressing) with some trim from Home Depot. I hope she wrote the baby's name on the chalkboard.
This collage wall is above the changing table. The most expensive thing was the $9.99 "S". Everything else was practically free (thrift store finds). I should have taken some before pictures of these once ghetto frames.
Burlap lamp from Target.
Can't pass up a fur pillow, also from Target.
Tissue and felt flowers, also cheap but super cute.
Thanks Lori for letting me help you get ready for little Stella. Can't wait to meet her in person.







3 comments:
Cuuute! You are so creative! We are all so lucky to have you help us decorate our girls rooms!!
Very cute! Love the frames and letter!
I forgot to tell you how cute I thought this nursery turned out!
Post a Comment