Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two Trips to Aggieville



Today was free burrito day for 383.  I have plan time around lunch so I took advantage on not having to pack a lunch.  Of course, it wasn't really free since I felt obligated to get something and take it to Adam.  
Back to Aggieville after school with Owen to look for a birthday gift.  We were in Acme and Owen had to "go really bad" and I didn't think they had a bathroom so we went to Cold Stone strictly for this purpose (I already gave in and let him have a pop, so no ice cream too). Unfortunately we were the only ones there and everyone was ready to help, so I felt even more stupid for bringing him in.  After at least 10 minutes in the restroom, I figured by now someone would be in the lobby ordering and we could just walk out unnoticed.  No--still empty AND Owen spills his entire pop.  At this point I feel obligated to buy something, and settle for a gift certificate.   As I'm paying, someone says my name and I realize it's a former student I had five years ago in Omaha.  I always have a moment of confusion when I see Papio kids in Manhattan-temporary forget where I live.


4 comments:

Sharla said...

What's "383" mean? And what was Owen doing in the bathroom for 10 minutes?! Just kidding - been there, done that.

Braxmeyers said...

that's our school district

Lindsay said...

uh, why wasn't I aware of free burrito day? am I not a good friend? ha ha!

Bulters said...

Sounds like a fun outing! Thank goodness you didn't have Miles with you, too.