I took "personal" time from my afternoon classes to attend Owen's field day. It was a little windy, but otherwise a beautiful day. The afternoon was very organized and all of the kids seemed to have a great time. It was so cute to hear them cheer for classmates. They got ribbons for all events that they completed. Here's a summary of the day...

The kids were supposed to sit on the sidelines and watch/cheer.

Event #1: 35 yard dash!

Event #2: Sack race (has this event been around forever?)

Event #3: The long race--50 yards!

Event #4: Tractor race--this is what the kids were most excited about. To me it looked like a simulation of a hamster in a wheel. They were all over the place.

Final Event: 3-legged race! Owen and his friend were great--he must take after me (I'm pretty sure Sharla and I won this event EVERY year at Play Day).
2 comments:
Yes, I still take pride in being 3-legged race champions - kind of like tetherball, but I'm not bragging. Oh yeah, that was because no one else got the chance to play!
That's what happens when you call "just hits, no monkey rings" :)
Post a Comment