Monday, April 11, 2011

Running

I've been running for years, but had not completed a half marathon until last weekend (Rock the Parkway in Kansas City). I convinced my brother and sister-in-law to run with me, and I think they liked it well enough I could con them into another. Now I can say I've done a 5K, 10K, half and full marathons!
PRO's of this race: IDEAL weather conditions, pretty course, close to home, yet still a little vacation-ish, able to spend time with KC friends/family, new playlist for iPod courtesy of Quint, met my goal of finishing between 1:40-1:50.
CON's of this race: ran too fast early and too slow later (need to be more consistent and set a more specific goal), nagging hip pain that I'd been trying to ignore, but was much more noticeable during this run.
I'm looking forward to planning a couple more races this year. Anyone else want to run something or have thoughts on which half or full marathons would be enjoyable?
We went to breakfast after the run at a clever little place called Succotash. This is not mine (you know I hate fruit!), but look how huge it is--dense too!
Susan's mom Leanna came to cheer us on. I think we have her ready to sign up for a 5K or 10K walk.
Quint and Susan--BEFORE!
Me, Quint, and Susan AFTER! Undecided on the "pants under shorts" look...
Owen and Aunt Susan--marketing team for grey Under Armor!

3 comments:

Just Jana said...

Great work with your super-fast half! Don't forget about the Omaha Marathon & Half the last weekend of September! I LOVE that course and am planning to do the half...but could easily be persuaded to shoot for the full. :)

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carrie said...

I've heard Waddell & Reed KC marathon is a really fun one. I'm seriously considering the half (if my knees recover from OKC). ;)