I finally talked Adam into a kitchen makeover. No tearing down walls or building on, just a facelift. I've always wanted a white kitchen, and figured it would be a good idea to do it in this house since we probably won't live here forever. That way if I decide it was a mistake I'll know better when I get my "forever house." It wasn't awful before (actually it had been updated shortly before we moved in five years ago), just not my taste. It used to be sky blue, which I hated, and I was still in the red/brown phase in 2006, so red it became. We did get a new stainless stove and fridge soon after moving in, but the old dishwasher (which I painted faux stainless), microwave and sink were still in use. We also put in new windows and blinds.
 |
| Old kitchen (with some test paint). |
 |
| Old kitchen workspace. |
 |
| Old kitchen, bar side. |
 |
| Old kitchen, plus high chair that has since found a new home at the Say's. |
Here is the new and improved space: lighter paint--of course, it is tan Sharla--throughout the upstairs (done by me), painted cabinets (thanks to Brad Ficke and his crew), new countertops (Home Depot), new sink (Adam's contribution), and backsplash (by Jake Zeka). These were the "planned for" items. We also ended up with all new plumbing and garbage disposal, dishwasher, and microwave. I also found some covering for the sliding doors going to the deck. Better late than never--wonder if our backyard neighbors will miss looking in??? And, I bought new bar stools (gift to myself for all the painting I did :) and made a new curtain.
I'm on a home improvement spending freeze, so any remaining projects I come up with this summer will have to fall into the "free" category.
7 comments:
I love your new kitchen! The white looks great!
I have been waiting for the debut and it looks AWESOME!! love it, where are your barstools from and what countertops did you go with?
it looks great!
Keely--barstools are from overstock.com They have the taller ones too. And the best part was that they came fully assembled!! Countertops are just formica, but they have a little texture and I liked the color with the white cabinets and light floor that we already had. We didn't think granite would be worth the money if it isn't a long term investment.
It looks great!!
Yea! Thanks for posting the pics! Looks awesome!
Post a Comment