Saturday, August 6, 2011

Halfway

I'm halfway through the training program for my second marathon!  Nine more weeks--and lots of miles left.  Definitely ready for some cooler runs.  This was a recovery week and I was supposed to run a real half marathon today (not just 13 miles on my own) but there were none that I knew of in the area, so I signed up for Brew to Shoe here in Manhattan and made it into 13 miles by running TO the race.  They had a great turnout and lots of fun things going on afterwards.  The boys liked the bounce house, but I had to pass on the post-race beer.
Next up?  Waddell and Reed marathon in October (Kansas City).  I didn't make up my mind in time to go to a place that might be a bit more of a vacation (Chicago, Minneapolis...)  Oh well, I've heard good things about this race.  And they also have a kids' marathon where the participants log 25 miles on their own and get to run the last 1.2 miles on race day in front of the crowd.  Owen is planning to run.  Miles...maybe???

No comments: