One of my New Year's goals was to run five races this year. Saturday was my first. Mathis was one of the sponsors, so several employees (or spouses) signed up for the run. The name 10-10 comes from your choice of a 10K or a 10 mile run. I chose the 10 mile since I'm training for a longer race in April. Did I mention this was a trail run? Completely different from running on sidewalks and roads! I quickly realized my pace for this race would be nothing like my normal pace--lots of steep up and downs, loose rocks, tree stumps and roots, etc. Sounds bad, but it was actually kind of fun to run something different. The course was along Milford Lake--really pretty and well thought out. I didn't see any snakes or trip over anything, but did end up running almost an extra half mile after following someone who was actually working the race (and taking a shortcut) and not paying attention to the ribbon markers. Fortunately he noticed me in a reasonable amount of time and told me to turn around. Here's the crew after everyone finished. Adam didn't do a very good job getting me a "team shirt" so I look like the random who crashed someone else's photo.

1 comment:
are the people in the lounge chairs working the race too? Don't need any injuries before Country music, but the trail does sound like a fun challenge.
Post a Comment