Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pinterest #31

Need to catch up on my Pinterest trials if I'm going to accomplish my New Year's resolution to try (and document) something once a week.  Actually, I've far exceeded my once-a-week quota if you count all of the school resources I've used/adapted/passed on.  Anyway, let's start with a huge failure...

These look good (on her blog), and I thought my family would really like them.  If you read the recipe and comments you'll see it calls for lots of powdered sugar.  I kept adding more and more powdered sugar thinking the coating would thicken at some point.  Not so much.  They ended up gray and soggy, as though they'd been soaked in water.  Will stick to store bought yogurt-covered pretzels.
On the other hand, the popcorn was as easy and tasty as the recipe describes.  The kids devoured it.  I used microwave popcorn which was fine, but I'm sure it would be better with "real" popcorn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was starting to have your pinterest recipe withdrawl! Will have to try the party popcorn, have plenty of boy scouts popcorn to use up:)

Braxmeyers said...

Watch for more...I've been lazy about posting my results.

Braxmeyers said...

Watch for more...I've been lazy about posting my results.