Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tulsa

Aimee and I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving in Tulsa, OK for my third marathon (and her 21st--amazing!).  We had a great time shopping, eating, chatting in the car, and completing the race.  Both of us ran our best times so far.  For me, I came in under four hours which I had not done before.  I guess if I retire from marathons, I will have met my goal.  
If you are considering running Tulsa in the future... 
Positives:  pretty course through neighborhoods, downtown, and campus, nice shirts and medals, organized and prompt, Diet Pepsi at the finish line!
Negatives:  course was hilly for stretches (particularly the second half), not as many locals out and about (cheering) as other races I've done.
Pre-race and my welcome home/good job signs that Owen and Miles made for me.


2 comments:

Sharla said...

Great job! :)

Shannon said...

You guys rock!! Should have taken me to cheer you on...this time I could have drank beer too!!