In honor of the new season of shows, I thought I'd post our recommendations. Not that we have a lot of time to watch TV, but DVR (what a life-changing concept) allows us to watch these whenever....even weeks later. I usually end up watching a show when I should just go to bed. I'd love to know your favorites....
Lipstick Jungle--we (yes, Adam too) started watching this last year and now we're hooked. How can you not like a show whose main characters are named Wendy (nothing unusual there), Victory and Nico? Wednesday nights.
The Biggest Loser--We only watch the highlights of this one, so we can be done in less than 15 minutes. The best part is the very end when they show what the people who were voted off accomplished at home on their own. And, as an added bonus some of my classes did linear regression with the data today. Very interesting input from 16-year-olds. Tuesday nights.
Grey's Anatomy--Who doesn't love Grey's? Meredith and Derrick are together, who knows how long that will last? Adam thinks Meredith is really ugly and Rose is much better looking....not sure about that one! Thursday nights.
Desperate Housewives--I am still a faithful watcher; Adam has dropped it--storylines were absurd. I'm not sure how much I like the "five years later" approach. Did Gabby cut her hair in real life? Sunday nights.
Extreme Home Makeover--Owen loves this show. He doesn't yet understand that the people have overcome or are facing hardships, but he thinks it's very cool to look at the kids' bedrooms that they create. At least he has a cool camo room! Sunday nights.
What Not to Wear--I love Stacy and Clinton! I wish this could be my job. Not sure why it's on Friday nights, but I do look forward to watching it when I get home from a high school game.
Private Practice--Spin off of Grey's. The characters are great; lots of weird medical situations. Of course, they all have crushes on eat other, etc. Last week Dell quit; surely they'll work things out and he'll stay on. Have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
5 comments:
We need to get a DVR!!! I never have time for that many shows!
Adam hasn't made fun of me yet for blogging! I do think it's hilarious that he doesn't want any pics of himself on your blog. If he rarely looks at it, then how will he know?? Ha ha!
Most of my friends do A LOT of scrapbooking, and I never did get into that. I say that blogging is my version of the scrapbook. I LOVE IT!
We watched Lipstick Jungle last week after hearing Adam talk about it and liked it. Ed is a much more faithful watcher of Desperate Housewifes then myself, but I watch it FOR the absurd storylines now. And yes, Gabby did cut her hair in real life.
We watch The Amazing Race on Sunday nights and I love The Girls Next Door (Hef's girls :)!
Sharla--The Girl's Next Door sounds border-line porn!
Marsha--DVR made me much more likely to watch TV. I like to watch my shows/blog/eat/check my email/do some school work/cleaning altogether in my "free time" (aka after the kids are in bed).
Tell me more about the linear regression problem! It sounds a lot more interesting than my boring car price problem.
I 2nd The Girls Next Door. I know it's garbage, but I can't help but watch!
I also love DVR! Best invention ever!
Rhett and I love House, CSI (the original), and we can't wait for 24 to start again in November. I'm sure I'd love Lipstick Jungle, but I love my sleep way to much. I'd choose "shut eye" over TV any day.
I can't believe Adam watches Lipstick Jungle. Can't wait to tell Uncle John about that!
Post a Comment