Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life With 4 Kids--Day 1

After attending a family reunion with some of Adam's family this weekend in Hays (post some pics later) we brought two more kids home with us for a few days. So far, so good. Normally I wouldn't detail the whole day, but we're putting these up for Raly and Reese's Mom and Dad in Denver....
After FOUR potty stops (mostly thanks to Miles) and several movies, we made it home...
where the big kids got out the plastic tablecloth, permanent markers (yikes!) and about 100 pairs of old socks and began the puppet making...

while the little guys fell right to sleep...

then enjoyed a little Star Wars and animal crackers (BTW--this is what is left of the huge gatorades that Adam bought them for the car ride and then wondered why they had to pee)...
then played outside (motorcycles, bikes, baseball...)....
until it was time for grocery duty...
followed by the long awaited puppet show. Owen and Raly spent three hours preparing the puppets, the "theater" complete with assigned seats, favors, snacks, and admission tickets. After dinner, baths and books they are all sacked out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so weird to be home without them. I hope they behave themselves. They were so excited to spend time at "Owen's house."
Thank you for telling us about their day. I'm glad they are all gettin along so well. I will pray that it continues. Thank you, Dedra!