Projects Part 1
I didn't make a written summer "to do" list, but I've got it in my head. I'm getting close to being able to show you my big kitchen reveal, but for now I'll start with the projects that fall into the categories of "undesirable" and "mostly free." I made myself a deal (do you make deals with yourself too?) that if we made some upgrades and changes to our kitchen, then I'd get all of the other "undesirables" done too. Here's project #1: basement bathroom closet. We (as in Jake Zeka) updated the bathroom this winter with new floor tile, sink, toilet, and light fixture. We also added new white baseboards and I painted it to match the rest of the living space in the basement. I did not paint the closet. And while it's not that big of a deal, it bothered me. Plus I didn't like how the stuff in there looked, but where else do you store a humidifier, first aide supplies and cleaning products?
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
Here it is after a couple of hours of painting (with help from Miles) and fabric storage bins from Home Depot, $25. Don't you like how the tan handles match the paint? It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally HD will offer something I like better than Target. Sorry Target. What's in the baskets you wonder?? 1. First aide supplies. 2. Travel bags and supplies like small toothpastes. 3. Cleaning supplies. 4. Hair cutting tools. I like the look of soap and towels (minus the mismatched ones that moved onto rag status), so they got to stay out in the open. Unfortunately I had to keep the humidifier and plunger, although I strongly considered throwing them out.
3 comments:
you crack me up! come over and organize my house ;)
Looks good - My house has much larger issues! LOL
i was just asking where you had been the last few days:) now i know… Love the ziploc baggy idea, mine each just have plastic bins, ditto on the storage shed!
Post a Comment