No one in this house made it to midnight, but that's okay since the kids still manage to get up by 6:30 (on a sleep in day) even over the holiday break. Do you make New Year's resolutions? I find that if I write them down, I'm more accountable. Probably because I like list and crossing things off. I've given up the "drink less Diet Pepsi" resolution--it never works out. Here are my 2012 resolutions/goals, notice that they are mostly measurable--must be the education world/SMART goal influence :)
1. School--Finish revising all my units (first semester done) and decorate my new room.
2. Fitness--Run five races (10K or longer) and incorporate other types of exercise to hopefully help my knee last longer :) Already have Nashville booked for April, with a couple of others in mind.
4. More organization in the kitchen--I love to organize anything, except for meals. I hate planning what to eat as well as grocery shopping. But I'm going to work on it. Maybe if my planning is better it will make the shopping more bearable and less frequent.
5. Pinterest--I've pinned a bunch of things, but what good does it do if I just "like it"? Considering all of the recipes, tutorials and tips I've collected, I'm going to make myself make one thing each week. Maybe I'll even post what I've tried.
6. Date Night--We are so busy that it's very easy to let this slide. Doesn't have to be just us, just no kids allowed.
The maybe's: Might be the year to go short.... Or pierce my ears.... Or both? I don't think I need goals related to the kids--we do a ton with them already and set reasonable limitations. No home goals. It's already cleaned and organized, complete with boxes ready for garage sale, Next-To-New or to pass along. As for improvements, we are saving our money until we decide what our long term plans are. Although we will have to buy a doorknob for the bathroom since we had to rip it off after the big boys locked Graham in the bathroom a few weeks ago. Happy New Year everyone! What are your resolutions?







1 comment:
We almost had to take our bathroom door knob off because Brett managed to lock himself in (in the middle of opening presents XMAS morning) - I didn't even know the door locked!
I can't believe you're considering piercing your ears :)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment