Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th

I took the boys to Lebo on the 4th since Sharla and Amy were both going to be around.  Lebo has its own little celebration that includes a parade, kids' games, free swim, etc.  We took advantage of most of the activities.  Graham gave Aly a ride on the mule.  He loves to ride (drive) this and insists that he be the one to turn the key and take the key out.  He has very specific rules as to who should hold the key.
Miles won a bunch of pop in a ring toss game.  I think they were wanting to close up shop so she let him toss rings from about 6 inches away!  He also won a $10 Lebo gift card in a game of heads or tails.  I'm sure he will expect a trip to the drugstore to buy "toys" next time we are in town.
The pool was our stomping ground growing up--every day 1:00-4:00 while my mom worked!  My kids enjoy "Grandma's Pool" as well, especially when buddies Brady and Brett are around.  Forgive the lame hair; I'll do anything to prolong not having to wash my hair!
Are your kids into Fun Dip as much as mine are?  Maybe because it's only $0.25 or maybe because it's straight sugar...  I try to talk them into letting me eat the sticks (best part), but it's usually a no go.

No comments: