Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pinterest #24

Tasty side dishes!  All five of us like cucumbers (strange for three boys to like cucumbers, isn't it?) so this was a nice way to make a cucumber into a pseudo-side dish.  Cucumbers, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and topped with chili powder.  
The kids don't care for "regular" potato salad, but everyone liked this one.  Adam grilled steaks and this side dish was the only other thing we needed.  I'd consider it a meal in itself, but the pigs in my house expect meat.  Mine wasn't quite this decorative, but very tasty... and of course, you guessed it... EASY!  Adam even said this was as good as my mom's potato salad (although if she made the same one it would probably be better :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

These both look like they are right up my alley!! YUM!!

Shannon said...

Tried the cucumbers...I think I still like mine a little more vinegary....but always good to try something new!!