Monday, September 1, 2008

Miles' Room

Here are a couple of pictures of Miles' room after the redo.  It's been done for a while, but I just now took a few pictures.  I should have taken some "before" photos so you can see how much work this really was--the ceiling was bright blue, the top part of the walls bright yellow, the bottom dark blue and light blue stripes (that I had to sand off) and the trim was all light blue. In addition to redoing the style of the room, we got new windows, blinds and floors as well.
The gumball machine is courtesy of Mike Braxmeyer.  So far, the kids believe me that it is broken.  If only they'd put a quarter in.....  The old bowling pin set is courtest of Aunt Nancy.  I think you could find anything you'd ever want in her house!
It's amazing that his name looks this good--in the process of trying to make it level (by myself), all the letters starting sticking together.  I was almost to the point that I'd never buy Uppercase Living again (yeah right)!
There's another wall that is still waiting for inspiration--temporarily holds a couple of shelves. And I didn't include the final wall since I haven't put the closet door back on and it looks a little ghetto.  

5 comments:

Sharla said...

I love it! It looks so cute - can't wait to see it in person.

Karen Sergeant said...

His room stays that clean all the time?

Braxmeyers said...

Pretty much, I'm mean and only let them have certain toys upstairs:) And who doesn't love plastic storage cartons--one of my favorite aisles at Target!

boudreau said...

I love his room---nice job, Dedra!

Bulters said...

Awesome! Looks like a room you'd see in a Pottery Barn catalog.