Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Relaxing Weekend

I'm finally getting the last of my pictures posted.  With the exception of sports (MHS and KSU both lost to their arch-rivals) this past weekend was pretty ideal.  Aside from a little time in KC, we spent most of the weekend at my parents' enjoying the great weather, food and time to relax.
Owen spent almost the entire weekend outside.  No wonder he was asleep before we were out of the driveway!
Miles taking his turn driving the Mule.
Dad had the great idea to let Owen drive on his own--for a 5 year old, it's pretty impressive how he can control the wheel and pedals.  At this rate he'll have his permit when he's 10.
Newman and Edie intently watching the cattle and wishing like crazy they could go rough them up.  Notice the new shock collars that Adam insisted were necessary--a lifetime investment.... Exactly what I was thinking.
Adam enjoying his opportunity to do manly work like feeding cattle.  He was especially excited to help my Dad round up cattle that had gotten out.  
Miles is obsessed with Grandpa Harlan's cows.  He could stare them down all day.  This trip he kept asking if he could touch them.  When I said, "No, they aren't tame enough." He replied, "Maybe next time."  

1 comment:

Sharla said...

I remember staying with you guys and getting "the call" that cattle were out (on the road?) or one of your neighbors' cows were - so exciting! :)