Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Give It Up

We are a week into Lent now and so far we've been successful.  We decided Owen was old enough to give up (or take on) something.  He chose to go without desserts.  Adam's choice is really unusual.  He gave up worrying--yes, it's hard to measure, but definitely something he needs to work on!  I'm not officially Catholic, but may as well be since that's where we've gone to church for 12 years.  I gave up all carb snacks--crackers, chips, etc.  I didn't realize how often I walk by and grab a handful of Cheez-Its.  I could live on these.  
In modern times, you can take on something extra or do good deeds rather than just eliminate something.  The kids are going to help me do something nice for a friend, family, neighbor, coworker each week of Lent.  We'll keep you posted on our projects.  Good-bye (for now) Cheez-Its!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Love the "good deed" a week.