Thursday, February 16, 2012

PT Conferences

We took advantage of the $1 per kid childcare offered during parent teacher conferences, and both Adam and I attended the boys' conferences.  Both boys are doing great academically.  Owen is still reading as many books as he can in order to take quizzes for points.  As you accumulate points you move into different levels (for recognition).  We are trying to find a balance between challenging books that take a week or two to read and the easy ones that he can fly through and take a quiz over right away.  He is learning cursive and preparing for his first year of state assessments. 
Miles' teacher showed us how his writing, drawing, reading, counting, etc. has changed/improved through the year.  It's amazing how much they learn in the first year of school!  He remains popular with the ladies--not sure if this is good or bad :)


2 comments:

Sharla said...

I still make my cursive "D's" like you did at one time (I don't think you make them like I do anymore, but I stole it from you during school - if that makes any sense :) - so funny

Braxmeyers said...

I know exactly you you make them, and I remember that phase of my "D's"